BUSINESS STRATEGY … Providing a blueprint for your company and a roadmap for your growth
Click here to download a PDF version of this page.
Strategic Planning is a dynamic process, not a one-time event. This process will become an integral part of the way you do business and lead your company. Thinking strategically about your business will naturally become integrated with your planning efforts. Strategic planning helps you gain focus and provide clear direction. You will be positioned to react more quickly to challenges and capitalize on opportunities because you will know what you want to do. You will make better decisions because you will know what you want to become.
Tailored to address your immediate business concerns, the particular elements of your overall strategy that need more focus, or to update your current strategies, you direct your planning process.
Strategic Planning Services
I. Visioning – A strategic thinking session to formulate your long-term vision and crystallize your mission, core values, broad objectives and strategic intents.
Your Investment: One or more 3 to 4-hour sessions with you and your management facilitated by KAMDEN Strategy Group.
II. Situational Analysis – Assessing your capabilities and those of your competition. Evaluating your internal and external environments, becoming aware of trends, opportunities and threats to your business.
Your Investment: One or more 3 to 4-hour sessions with you and your management and marketing teams facilitated by KAMDEN Strategy Group.
III. Developing Your Strategic Plan – Additional sessions are available to create high-level marketing, financial and other key strategies as determined by your needs. Consulting roles can range from being the facilitator and project manager to conducting market research and completing financial analyses.
Each facilitated session will take approximately 3 to 4 hours of your time.
- Market Segmentation. Defining and segmenting the market. Selecting targeted markets. Profiling customers.
- Marketing. Developing strategies for positioning, penetration, pricing, products/services, promotion, sales and distribution.
- Financial. Developing an overall financial strategy. Considering the economic impacts of your business model and assumptions about your business, projecting summary level financial statements. Creating financial models to test the feasibility of an idea.
- Legal and Regulatory Environment. Understanding the environment. Identifying possible current and future constraints or limitations.
- Evaluation of Three to Five Significant Business Opportunities. Providing focus and direction for further planning of marketing, financial and operating resources. Determination of Key Indicators and Key Values. Identifying metrics to be used to measure long-term success and the accomplishment of broad objectives. Metrics may include economic results, operating measures, valuation determinants.
- Exit Strategies. Defining the desired end points for you and your key stakeholders. Developing strategies to achieve these.
Strategic Planning provides the blueprint for your company…turning this into a roadmap for your growth involves.
Completing Visioning, a Situational Analysis and a Strategic Plan may be all you need to provide the focus, direction and clarity to yourself and to your organization. You may though now want to convert your strategies into tactical plans which can be implemented throughout your company to drive the results you seek. You may also need a formal business plan to provide direction to your management and employees, or to present to potential investors or lenders to raise more capital for your business. Tap into the Business Planning Services offered by KAMDEN Strategy Group to help you complete a business plan, and more importantly, to bring a business planning process and discipline into your company.
Included in Business Planning Services:
- Business Plan Documents
- Feasibility Studies
- Sensitivity Modeling
- Pro forma Financial Statements
- Sources and Uses of Cash
- Business Management Processes
- Performance Monitoring and Measurement Tools
- Sales Plans
- Operating Plans
- Compensation and Incentive Plans
What happens after I formulate my plan?
Communication and Implementation are as critical to your planning process as writing the plan itself. KAMDEN Strategy Group is available to assist you with Business Advisory Services to address these phases as needed.
- The Communication phase involves developing plans to deliver your story to your key audiences, which may include internal management, employees, bankers and investors. This phase also involves managing the roll-out of your communications plan.
- The Implementation phase involves putting each of your plans into action. We can assist you in the oversight, development of timelines and project management to ensure each of your plans does get implemented. This phase also involves establishing and implementing management systems and processes to monitor progress, identify outcomes and measure results.
We will also serve as your Chief Business Advisor assisting you in bringing your strategy to life and being your advocate when needed. Additional Business Advisory Services available through KAMDEN Strategy Group include:
- Functioning as an outsourced Corporate Strategy Department for your company;
- Guiding the transition after mergers, acquisitions or other significant business changes;
- Offering group seminars and educational sessions focused on various aspects of running and managing your business.
Our work with our clients is based on their goals and the results they are seeking. If you would like to start a conversation about your needs and how we might help, we would love to listen. We’d like to work with you. Just contact us at 312.951.0360 or email@example.com.